Friday, September 4, 2009

Our week in review

Meet Skyscraper Jackson. Yeah, I'm talking about the plant. My niece picked it out as a house warming present from her family (she liked the "braid" of the stem). I was thrilled to get a shade plant in the desert (I believe my words were "dead plant arriving."). It is thriving in my kitchen, and my daughter decided it needed a name. This is what happens when we have little girls ruling the world. Plants happily living in completely wrong climates with ridiculous names. It works for me.
We took a fieldtrip to an orchard to pick apples.
The trees were so ladden, Ella had no trouble picking apples. After buying a lot of unripe apples, we decided to go home and make applesauce. Lots of it. Elspeth named the applesauce Mr. Sun.

Some friends invited us to go to the zoo with them, so we headed out for a day in search of elephants.
Ella loved the pachyderms, but the lioness attempting to eat small children through the glass had all the mothers edgy. The kids were excited about being kissed by a lion.
Elspeth raided Daddy's closet.

What Ella does, Addie must do too.

Elspeth started pre-school yesterday. She seemed to have a good time, but the only thing I got out of her was that there was a boy named Isaiah in her class. She rushed to assure me that it wasn't her cousin Isaiah (really? I was thinking he flew 2,000 miles to go to a 4 year old class and forgot to mention he would be in the area).

The boy we went to the zoo with, Ryan, is in her class, that helps. She is looking forward to going back to their water table and sand box.

While she was gone, Addie and I were faced with who the life of our party really is. Elspeth barely stops talking to breath, I guess we have just gotten used to giving her the air time, it was quiet without her. We hit the store, and since I had only one goofy child to play with, she finally had enough yelling "Hey Mommy, mommy, MOMMY. No MORE Kisses!"

Clearly we are going to have to create a new balance when Ella is gone.

3 comments:

e4 said...

Love it. Especially Skyscraper Jackson.

Kay Hudson said...

Skyscraper wasn't that tall in early August. Miracle Grow or camera angle?

Unknown said...

The plant has lasted longer than I expected ;) It must be a lucky plant after all.