Friday, September 18, 2009

Great Moments in Parenting

Since taking over as the primary care giver, I have enforced an independent getting dressed policy with Elspeth. This means she sometimes has had on 2 pairs of undwear, or doesn't match, but I get over it.

Today I found out why I need to rethink that policy. We stopped by a bed store (Addie is nearing the end of crib time). As the girls were playing on various beds, I chatted with the salesman. Ella sat on her favorite bed (she is picking beds by color for the record) with her legs splayed out.

The salesman was trying hard not to look at her.

Hmmm, I looked over and about had a heart attack on the spot. I scooped her in my arms and asked, "Elspeth, when you got dressed this morning, did you forget your underwear?"

"I think I did, she answered."

How lucky that she wore a dress today.

I think I will need to start an inspection routine before we leave the house.

3 comments:

Melissa Blair said...

Parenting is so fun sometimes!

HennHouse said...

Oh my goodness!!

Ah, the adventures.

Swedish Mama said...

Oh my goodness.

I did that once myself, probably about her age. I discovered my error as my Mother drove us to Sunday School.

I never did tell her.