Thursday, March 26, 2009

Showin Showin Showin

At 6pm yesterday evening, our realtor finally stuck the for sale sign in our yard. Just after he casually informed me that I needed to paint my garage door. He was right. Many of the shingles thrown over by the roofers skimmed the door on their way to the dumpster and you can't help but notice big black marks as you pull up. Everyone KNOWS that curb appeal is essential when selling a house, right?

So, when I got the call that someone was walking through our house at 3:30 today (less than 24 hours after the sign went up and before the listing made it to MLS), I took a long lunch to rush home and start painting the garage. Instead of the fun lunch with friends we had planned, we sanded, and primed the door. It no longer has black marks visible, but when you get close it obviously needs another coat of paint. Unfortunately, oil based sealer/primer needs longer than latex between coats, so it will have to do.

What is the point of this post? you might be asking, and that would be fair.

Just one month ago, this would have been a major project. It would have caused angst and much research and at least 10 days before we would have mobilized into action. Now it is something we can squeeze in a couple lunch hours. I call that progress.

Now it is something we can do together, and not even argue. If you know me, you know I tend to work better alone that with a partner. I call that progress too.

I am proud of what we have accomplished on our house and in our marriage in this process. We may have spent our 12th anniversary eating left overs and working on getting our house ready. But we enjoyed working together, and that is worth everything.

The fact that someone is walking through our home less than 24 hours after the sign went up doesn't hurt my mood either. I realize they won't buy, but I am a numbers girl. Every walk through increases the statistical likelihood that an offer is coming, right? I wonder if Jeremy can do a model that will tell me the probability of walk throughs I must have before I sell . . . .

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

You are awesome.

Enough said.

Swedish Mama said...

I admire you, dear girl.