Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And We're Back . . .




Elspeth crawled up on a chair with her sister this weekend and asked for their picture to be taken. As we are rushing chaotically to get our house on the market, it has been a joy to see our girls bond more and more with each other.
Other things to be grateful for:
- Prayers of our friends and family
- The unknown person who snuck up and fixed the siding on our house (who ever you are, thanks)
- Jeremy's parents for making the drive two weekends in a row and sticking to their chore lists
- John for coming over and updating a couple outlets
- Erik for coming over, hauling away furniture with his truck and fixing the switch in the master bedroom
- Celina for showing me how to sell things on Craig's list and for doing some research on how to prepare small children for a move
- Rob and Robin for saving us the cost of a storage garage by lending us a room in their basement for the next 18 months
- Kevin and Sylvia for offering us a safe haven when we need to leave our home (assuming someone will come and look at it in the next few months)
- Our realtor for helping us save significant money on our roof
Ok, there are a ton of other people that I am grateful for, like Jamie for giving me a primer on how to be a working professional, then suddenly a professional mom. all of these people are a blessing in our lives, and I am overwhelmed by the generosity of spirit that has sustained us during a difficult time.
The house goes on the market tomorrow. I have done what I can, I no longer have control. If you know me at all, you know how much that terrifies me. Prayers would be good.

3 comments:

HennHouse said...

And prayers you have...

ThePayneTrain said...

and God is still in control... When is the actual move? You probably said that somewhere, my apologies for you having to repeat yourself.

thenn said...

I really haven't said because we really don't know. Jer starts Aug 17th, but the rest is still up in the air.