Friday, March 27, 2009

Ranting

1 Peter 5:6-7
6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Since discovering we will be leaving the midwest there have been a variety of reactions. We are grateful for our friends and family who have rallied to help us through a difficult time getting the house on the market. Now that we are listed (2 showings booked today, 1 this weekend), I am calming down and reflecting on the past month.

I am truly grateful for the friends who still take my calls after the last month. I was not always a bright and sunny spot in their lives. I am also seeing how easily some people let us go. There are friends who already look past me, like I have moved. I won't lie, that hurts. People I thought I had a genuine connection with, but for some personal reason, have already separated from me. I must choose to see how their contrast with the people who have held us closer as we prepare to go. This makes some friends more cherished. The ones who send me scripture to keep me going, give us a room for our "stuff", show up with a truck, or willing spirit to help us tackle another house project, or the women who just sat in a room with me last night and let me be afraid a little bit about the future, without trying to make me go back to sunshine and roses (Ok, the chocolate they provided helped too).

I am grateful for those who will make moving harder. Those are the people I will take with me to Tucson.

2 comments:

Melissa Blair said...

We are thinking of you from afar!

HennHouse said...

I am so sorry you are hurting.

Sending you a virtual hug.

And lots of love.