Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good News Edition

I am not a lot of fun to be around these days. We are struggling, and are grateful for all the support from friends and family as we address one issue after another. I find myself crying, first at something bad that comes up, then because someone nice has helped me through it and that person is part of a community I am leaving. I need good news. You live in this economy too. You need good news. So here is some highlights of stories that have been brought to my attention by various people who have given me a pep talk when my pep has gone away.

A man has survived going over Niagra Falls. If you have ever seen Niagra Falls, you know that is pretty cool.

A man in Michigan has started a donating chain for kidneys. By agreeing to donate to a stranger, he has started a domino effect that has 10 completed transplants behind it and potential to go to 28. One altruistic effort that has saved 28 lives. That is good news.

A pharmacist in Alabama gave each of his employees $16,000 bonuses in his own heroic attempt to stimulate their local economy. I would love to see how that chain worked, he gave it to them in $2 bills so it would be noticed as they were released.

An Indiana town that has been hit hard by the economic decline got a little help in feeding over 5,000 people. Hmmmm, who can't see the miracle in feeding 5,000?

A 7-year-old girl wants everyone to know there is always hope. 3 months ago, she was told her cancer was in-operable. Today she is cancer-free.

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

love you

Melissa Blair said...

Wow. Those are great stories. Thanks for sharing.