Thursday, July 23, 2009

Smear me Mommy!

This is why my life is good. My kids are NEVER boring.

Addie showed signs of the family allergies early on. As we are getting ready to go off my incredible health insurance, we took a page from a cousin and decided to do the skin test. If we put some peanut butter on her and she broke out in a rash, she has the allergy, if not, we have grown out of it. I asked Sylvia if I could borrow some PB, and headed to our basement lair.

Addie was upset when I first smeared it on, then I smeared some on myself as a sign of solidarity. We set the timer. We cleaned it off. We rejoiced at the smooth unblemished skin where the PB had been. The mood must have been infectious. Every day, several times a day, Addie asks me to smear her with peanut butter. I am sure bystanders think they have mis-heard my two year old. Today she had her first PB and J sandwich. She loved it. So did I.

While I was home for lunch, my older daughter informed me that it was my birthday. I thought that was cute. I just got an IM from my husband letting me know there was a surprise birthday party waiting for me at home. I really hope it involves cake. Seriously, a big one.

Ella has started using age as the ultimate cop out. She will put her face under water during swim lessons when she is "all grown up." That's nice. Who will be paying for those lessons? During our weekly toe nail polishing party last Friday, we hit a road bump when it came to clipping her nails. After much debate, she declared she would be happy to clip her nails. When she is 35. Hmmm. I just got a visual.

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

Never a dull moment!

So glad about the allergies. So very, very glad. Tears streaming down my face glad.

I take the boys to a "special restaurant" (their term) when Daddy and Esther-Faith are not with us. It isn't really a restaurant, but rather a nut company that sells all kinds of peanut butter sandwich combinations. Isaiah's favorite is peanut butter with strawberry jam and sliced strawberries. Isaac likes them all, but he ordered peanut butter and marshmallow cream last time. We're going again on Monday after our dentist appointment. I may just ask for a spoonful of cashew butter to suck on. I know they will both order peanut butter milkshakes.

So very glad about the allergies, Tracy. You have no idea.