Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where will we live?

Many weeks ago Elspeth insisted that we would live in our house, just in Arizona. When we told her someone else would live in our house, she got troubled.

"Where will we live?"

"In a different house, in Arizona, with all our stuff, especially your toys."

"Is someone building a house for us in California?"(our child is convinced we are going to California, not Arizona)

"I hope so Honey."

Elspeth thought for a moment.

"Jesus is building a house for us in California. So he can live in the walls there." 4-year-old logic, if we can't see him, but he is in our house, he must be in the walls.

John 14:1-3 (NIV)
John 14
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God;trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

just beautiful

Michele said...

i love 4-year-old logic! sometimes we all need a little of it!