Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Training


April 11th is closer than you think. Closer than the day we find out if Jeremy has an internship (Feb 20th), closer than the day that we find out where the internship is (February 23rd). April 11th is VERY close.
After surgery, I was hesitant to get back into training, so I am just seriously starting my half marathon preparation. I know it is feasible, but we have never been in real training with kids.
It is not just a matter of getting in the time anymore, it is a matter of booking it with my spouse, and managing it so we don't short our family time, too much.
I am a lot older than the last time I tried this.
I am a lot more tired than the last time I tried this.
But this time, I want it more. And that is all the difference.
We are going to need a lot more Motrin.

4 comments:

anne said...

You can do it!!!!

HennHouse said...

I agree with Anne. Do you have a couple of pairs of your special running shoes?

Melissa Blair said...

Cheering you on from afar!

network_weasel said...

Best wishes from our neck of the woods as well. I will check for updates, as I will need goading to get back into my own routine.