Monday, January 5, 2009

Gone Rogue

A few days ago I found Elspeth playing with a storage unit. When I asked what she was doing she answered, "this hand (indicating her left) is hiding stuff from this hand (indicating her right)."

I suggested to her wayward left hand that it should share.

Two days ago, Elspeth informed me that "My left hand isn't letting me eat."

Naturally I gave her left hand a stern talking to, but again yesterday this rogue hand wasn't letting her have breakfast.

What do you do when your hand has gone rogue?

5 comments:

anne said...

I've found that hitting it against things helps. But maybe if I took a nicer approach like extra moisturizer or some nice nail polish that would help too. According to the Bible, it should be cut off. This is quite a tough situation to be in. I hope her hand will return to normal soon:)

Melissa Blair said...

In my experience, try tying it close to the body (with a belt or scarf). It serves as an excellent "time out" for those uncooperative hands.

thenn said...

I love it! If the lotion doesn't work (cause, seriously, can anyone imagine Elspeth sitting still for polish to dry), a "time out" just might do the trick!

HennHouse said...

She is so cute!

Swedish Mama said...

Lve it, how they come up with such things. With that mind, there may be another author in the Henn Family.