Monday, July 28, 2008

Zoo Keeper


A shark moved into our home this weekend (the land shark variety). She has picked up from her parents that sharks say "Nnnn...n Nnnnn...n" when they are stalking their prey. This is amusing because this shark was too scared to watch the Muppets Peter and the Wolf, so there is little chance of her watching Jaws anytime soon.



If you plan to visit in the near future, don't worry, this shark assures us that she is a shark "who doesn't chomp anyone."



A slippery eel escaped at bath time and ran down the hall in only a diaper. Said eel laughs a LOT and loves to be recaptured a million times a night.


a baby bird came to breakfast this morning, she got a little cranky though, so we asked for the shark who likes to eat shark seed. Instead we got a rooster, who crowed softly and let us know that she (yes, she) was a rooster who didn't wake anyone.


A parrot sits across from the rooster, it can get loud in our dining room when the animals are up.


I am told that there is a daddy coyote in the hills of my living room, but to spot him is rare. Elspeth only gets him out when she is bored. For the record, my husband loves it when she calls him coyote daddy. I guess it beats the phase where she was calling him "big daddy".


You may think it is tough to live on the edge of danger with all these wild animals. But I get by. I do have back up, I found my husband and elder child, wearing my new red bowls on their heads the other day. I raised an eyebrow and was informed that they were rescuing me from my garden.


Its a jungle in here . . . .

(Anne - Goofball is high praise in my family, you can see we value it highly)



4 comments:

Morgan said...

Hello???

Trust me you know me :)

and I am still friends with Edson and Aaron

thenn said...

I thought about you yesterday quite randomly (and before I saw your comment), I remembered you looking up and saying "I have Edson's pretty sunshine shining down on me." I thought I was weird, but my sister remembered the moment too. I guess that may still make me weird, Dana is not the yardstick of normalcy!

Morgan said...

hahaahaha,

Pretty pretty Edson! we still talk about your wedding.

Where are you living?
How is Dana?
What are their names and birthdays (girls that is)

Do you still have a chinchilla?

HennHouse said...

Do I see a safari in your future?