Monday, July 28, 2008

Exciting Moments in Parenting

The "baby" slept until 6:45. Elspeth woke up on her own, and earlier than normal. She helped me water the garden and was cooperative through her breakfast. As Jeremy and I were sitting to eat our own breakfast, we heard a noise suspiciously like drawers in the girls room.

Not unusual, Addie is a notorious sock thief, but she was with us. "Was that a drawer, or something else?" Jeremy wondered. "Don't ruin my fantasy that Ella is getting herself dressed." I begged.

Suddenly, our beloved 3 year old (who can get herself dressed but has NEVER chosen to do so unsupervised) showed up in the kitchen fully clothed. You may think this is trivial, but this is the difference between a few minutes late AGAIN, and actually, calmly, making it to the office on time. I nearly threw a party, I did take a picture:

Suddenly, Jeremy laughed and lunged for the camera. I almost told him I had already captured the moment, when he asked if Ella seemed a little bulkier than normal:



I guess she does love her "huggy pajamas" as she calls them, an awful lot, and maybe she chose to leave them on deliberately. But it is supposed to be 90 and humid today, so we thought we'd better help her get out of her "layered" look.

I still count it as a win.

3 comments:

HennHouse said...

A win by any standard!

Morgan said...

I know you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw you on Aarons blog

Our girls look to be of similar age

Ps,
I dated Aaron for a year and a half.

Casey Morgan/ Casey Bosley

You look great.

anne said...

Regarding the comments you made on my blog. My mom had to rescue me from sewing projects all the time. She can't believe I did this on my own.

Also, I think your eldest child is a goofball. And I say that with much love. I love goofballs. Hence, the reason I married one.