Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Addie Fest (Part 1)

Addwen Kate is not a party girl. She cried through her first Halloween party, she slept through her first Christmas party and she was pretty uneasy during the 4th. We weren't sure what to expect at her 1st birthday party, but the pictures tell the best story. . .


OK, this one is just cute. I wanted to put one of the many (many) pictures of Sofia screaming (she just loves to scream), but when all is said and done, I had to go for cute.



The birthday girl was pretty happy. Mostly because I sat her next to Rob. Every time I looked up, Rob was giving my second born more hot dog. Hot dog is Adwen's favorite food (she takes to it like a professional eater). Hence we finally have a picture of Adwen, at a party, not crying or sleeping.




I had the perfect dress for the occasion all picked out, then Grandma showed up with an even more perfect dress (and one for big sis too). It was helpful to have a back-up though, as the intro of the cake led to a bath and wardrobe change for our birthday girl.



I am fairly certain I got all the rules for Bocce Ball wrong in my head, but the kids don't seem concerned about rules. You may notice a trend from a previous post, Annie spent a lot of time in the swing.




Reason #2 that Adwen enjoyed a party for the first time in her life. Kevin pulled out the crazy baby look (and I am sure he will appreciate me posting it here). This made Addie laugh out loud.




The moment of truth in a child's first birthday. Will she eat the cake, will she understand that this is good? You can never tell until . . . .







We may have a party girl after all.



2 comments:

HennHouse said...

You're right. Just plain cute works well!

Anonymous said...

I recommend saving this one for her HS senior year book or slide show! It's awesome!