Monday, May 12, 2008

What I learned on jury duty

I promise to go back to pictures of my darling children, but I couldn't resist one final jury duty post (and I havn't pulled the pics off my camera).

1 - In my state, you may go into any Sam's Club to purchase alcohol without a membership(state law mandated)

2 - Sam's Club frowns on you taking the alcohol without paying for it

3 - If you want to steal this alcohol, it is a bad idea to place the bottles in your coat while in the direct line of vision of an off-duty cop.

4 - Taking the defense of mistaken identity is NOT really going to help you when it involves people wearing less than 2 shoes in an ice storm in the midwest (it wasn't me, it was one of the many other guys running through this parking lot with only one shoe on).

I confess, it was fun, but only because it was OBVIOUS guilt. We wondered why it had gone to trial, and we wondered what we hadn't been told. As luck would have it, I went for a run after the trial concluded, and found the prosecutor and I go to the same gym (we hadn't been 2 hours appart and we recognized each other easily). Now I could ask, and found out my guy had 8 prior convictions and was on probation, which he clearly violated.

Got to love our system.

1 comment:

Melissa Blair said...

LOL! I will keep those tips in mind the next time I need to make a beer run :).