Monday, May 5, 2008

Stupid Moments

I have had more than my share lately.

I have had to explain, approximately 5,692 times that my black eye came from opening a car door into my own eye. My mood about it has not improved with each telling.

I thought I was inspired to clean the house before playing soccer this weekend, reasoning that I would be too tired afterwards, and Mother wouldn't be available to help this week. I pulled a muscle while rushing from scrubbing the tub to scrubbing the sink, and I didn't get to play soccer at all. I feel like a real Einstein explaining why I have a black eye and a limp today.

I guess I should have read my jury summons, then I wouldn't have had to limp back to the car this morning to stow my cell phone in the glove box. They really don't let them in the courthouse anymore.

I accepted this with good nature, but really, when they played the video of Sergeant Bob (or whatever his name is) explaining that we couldn't bring in cell phones because their ability to take pictures or record sound I nearly laughed out loud. This time I was wise enough not to call attention to the fact, that while my cell phone can do neither of those things, the MP3 player I had in my purse was quite capable of recording sound.

I am batting 1000 these days.

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

Got a great chuckle while reading this. Wise choice on not pointing out the obvious to the sgt. or anyone else.