Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Reality

3:30 am (No Photo Available) - "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!, Daddy!, Daddy!" Rings through the house. Still asleep, we stumble into our elder child's room to realize that she is not feeling well. By the morning, she is bleeding from her ear, and indicator that her sniffles have gone to the dark side.




5:41 am (Mommy's shift starts) - This is the face of my child as the sun dawns on Christmas morning. I am pretty sure that she plans for no one to be merry this day.
6: 40 am (we are all up now) - This is her face when I ask if she wants presents. If you have ever seen my daughter with a present, you know that she is well and truly ill to not leap at the chance to open a gift. Mommy heads to an open pharmacy for Motrin.
7:20 am (The stockings have been opened) - Jeremy and I realize that this is serious and I start looking for options (luckily our clinic had walk-in hours on Christmas day).

Addie's face when she saw the presents under the tree. No, I'm just kidding, our beloved younger child looks like this frequently. I chalk it up to watching the antics of her older sibling.

Merry Christmas from all of Us!

No comments: