Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saying Goodbye

All our stuff boxed up, and lined up, waiting for the movers to come in the morning. We are saying goodbye to our stuff for several months while we bounce around, depending on the goodwill of family and friends.




Ella enjoys playing on piles of bedding in our room, our final morning.



Addie wakes for the final morning in her crib, in her room.





The last picture of our home, the only thing I will truly miss. I will always remember the trips Kev and Michele made to help us prepare for our first born. The love evident in each detail they put into her room.






Saying goodbye to the house was easy (the hardest part is giving up the autonomy that comes with your own home). Saying goodbye to these women was considerably harder. Elspeth still accidentally calls us by their names in her unguarded moments. She loves them without reserve, and so do we. This was the point I started crying without ability to stop.






We found Addie in her favorite spot. The ironic part is that Adwen will not sit in my lap for story time anymore, preferring a "group spot" to my lap. So finding that at group time, she actually will climb into the teacher's lap made me laugh. Then it made me cry. I am a sentimental sap.
I am at work this week, missing my family, and my house, and the school that my kids love so much. This week is the hardest. Next week, we go to Arizona for the first time, after seeing our new home, I will be excited, but this week I just feel the goodbyes mounting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a drywall saw will cut out the mural quite easily... then you can take the wild things with you!

Melissa Blair said...

Good Luck with everything. We will keep you in our thoughts.

HennHouse said...

praying for you...

thenn said...

Tana, I totally thought about it. I think Kevin is trying to make his art more "portable" now! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, I think he'll need more than a drywall saw to take Keely's mural with them if they ever move. hehehe

network_weasel said...

Great post. Best wishes for a quick and uneventful move!