Monday, February 23, 2009

This Day is not Real

I have had to look at people I love today and say over and over "We are leaving."

I realized we are taking Ella away from her best friend.

I just got done re-writing my job description with my boss so the search committee can be convened.

I have to say goodbye in a very real timeframe.

I had babies here.

I grew here.

I watched my husband grow.

I keep stopping to cry at my desk.

I am excited. But goodbye is not easy. Most likely, we will not come back this way again.

This day is not real.

4 comments:

HennHouse said...

We're praying...

Unknown said...

As one of those persons you had to say goodbye to when you left Austin, I know how much those you will say goodbye to in Champaign will miss you. At the same time, I also know how much better their lives are for having shared some of the past six years with you and your family. God is simply sending you somewhere else to share the blessings of your friendship - those lucky people in Arizona don't even know what their getting yet.

Anonymous said...

Bah. I was just getting to know you guys.

However: I lived 8 years of moving around the country. Every new place held amazing friends that I grew to love, and Godly people that taught me a bunch. And each time I left, I realized that I would not see most of them ever again. Any I did see would be once in a couple of years, not as the week in and week out friends that they were.

I was broken over and over.

Here's the joy that I eventual found, and the joy I pray you have the hope of. Revelations 21: 1-7 gives us hope. I hope that God will let us renew our friendships and let us live them to their fullest. More than hope, I know His plan for Heaven is even better than that, so I will rest on that promise.

God Bless.

Chuck

Swedish Mama said...

Wow, some great, totally correct comments posted.

Love you, dear girl.

You will find, as you look back over the years, that God has allowed you to make some great friends and great memories in the places you have called home. Many will think of you more often than they let you know, but they will remember you fondly and many will whisper a prayer for you.