Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cacti and Sunshine



The average high in December is 66 (low is 42). Hmmm. I can deal.

We get to see real cacti (my boss spent a lot of time trying to help me learn the proper pronounciation of Saguaro).

I may find a latent ability to tan (OK, this is a stretch, but I will try).

Elspeth is excited about staying home with Mommy (and so is mommy).

For someone who struggles with depression, moving to the sunniest city in the Continental U.S. (I am not sure that is a fact, but I am sure it is close) is not a bad thing.

Little girls in summer dresses 9 months of the year.

All these are good things. Last night Addie started coughing and couldn't stop. We finally went in with medicine. After we coaxed her to take it, she rested her head on my shoulder and relaxed. I held her and was surprised by how HEAVY she is. I spent hours holding Ella like that, but Addie's life is slipping by and I am not savoring the days. For at least one year, I will spend my days with her sunshine smile. For at least one year, I will help Elspeth continue to develop into the amazing young lady she is becoming.

I am not sure how domestic I will be, I ruined 5 lbs. of roast yesterday (in my defense I was slightly distracted in my preparations by the sudden epiphany that I was moving over a thousand miles away and I ONLY forgot the water, which was apparently important).

But no one seemed to mind pot roast veggies and pizza for dinner, and the company was still good. So I guess I will laugh and move on when my lack of domesticity rears its head.

4 comments:

Melissa Blair said...

A new and exciting journey awaits your family. Sounds like you will survive just fine! My neighbors are from Tucson and they have nothing but good things to say about the city!
You will really enjoy your time at home with the girls. It will be great that you get to have that special time before Ella starts Kindergarten! I wouldn't trade being home with my kids for anything....I am not so sure I could since daycare for 3 kids would be too expensive. LOL!

HennHouse said...

You have penned the answers to some of the questions I asked my Tim when he got off the phone with his brother. Things he doesn't think to ask. Things I want to ask.

Love you.

ThePayneTrain said...

Jer and Tracy - at least you are about 200 miles closer to Sarah and I. If you need relief from the heat you can head up here to the mountains. Have you checked out city-data.com? It has really detailed info on cities... Talk to you later.

thenn said...

Thanks Brett!