Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 1

Locked the kids out in the elements with no water

Got a note from the IRS that we owe them $1,200 for 2007 taxes

Dog nearly died after eating entire bottle of pills

Subaru is making signs that it will follow mechanics prediction of eminent failure.

Despite it all, I am having a good week. As Michele pointed out, if I hadn't locked the kids out, I wouldn't have known Gretchen when I needed hydrogen peroxide NOW to induce vomiting on dog (which the vet firmly credits for saving dog). The kids are happily preparing a surprise party for Jeremy (don't tell him until after 5:00 our time tonight ;0), I am blogging.

After nearly 3 weeks of not being able to communicate with anyone outside my home, I hooked up VOIP (thanks to my brother in law who is nicer to me that I deserve) today. I got my first phone call this morning, from Robin letting us know the arrival and departure times for their trip to visit (yeah, ETHAN AND MAX ARE COMING!!).

Holly and I took a walk this week. It started to rain, I Know because it was hitting my head and shoulders. But it is so dry and hot in the desert, not one rain drop made a mark on the pavement. That is dry. The rain can't make it to the ground. If the temp is in the upper nineties, it is so dry, you are cold coming out of the pool. It is so dry, we get temp indexes LOWER than actual temps in the summer (temp 92, feels like 87). That NEVER happens in the midwest, at least until it is cold.

So some bad things happened this week. Really good things are happening too.

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

Do you ever get a minute to slow down?