Monday, June 29, 2009

7 Things



7 Things I hope I forget:
1 - Never being rested when my kids were young
2 - The squishy feeling you get when your child vomits down your shirt
3 - The smell when your child vomits down your shirt
4 - Arguing 400 points a day, no matter how trivial (I don't know WHY clocks can't eat pizza, but I am still SURE that they can not eat pizza)
5 - The way my shoulders tense when I know a 4 year old is about to say "I want something else." at dinner
6 - My daughter's phase of announcing every house she goes into as "not clean"
7 - How much I miss them (Jeremy and the kids) when they are away


7 Things I hope I never forget:
1 - Elspeth spontaneously praying that God would make me a new fork when I broke my plastic fork at lunch yesterday.
2 - The way Addie's arms feel when she wraps them around my legs for a quick hug
3 - Silly car games the kids make up, like "over the train track", "under the car bridge", "what do you want to say to the clock", and my FAVORITE, "Things that scare Mommy"
4 - Elspeth announcing that she grew a hug for me over her nap, and that it is bigger than I am
5 - The way they feel in your arms
6 - The unnatural happiness when I hear Addie say "Hi Mommy, I love you" over the phone
7 - How excited they get to learn new things, like why a skunk "stinks you" or about "rattletail" snakes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - clocks can eat bugs (http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/29/carnivorous-clock-eats-bugs-counts-down-to-doomsday/) - you probably shouldn't be too sure they can't eat pizza.

network_weasel said...

All wonderful things to remember, and forget as needed. I particularly enjoyed the "rattletails."
One of our car games has become screaming when going through "tunnels" (under any kind of bridge or overpass). Sometimes I am not sure in which list that should be put.

Melissa Blair said...

That is sweet! How is the house hunting coming along?

HennHouse said...

So sweet.